Last chance to enter recycling 'Oscars'
There is only one week to go until the 2014 Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management close for entries.
Hailed as the industry’s equivalent to the Oscars, the Awards, founded by Environment Media Group, recognise innovation, dedication and success within this growing arena. Local authorities, commercial organisations, individuals and the community sector, have until midday on Thursday 20 March 2014 to put their 500 word entry forward for the judges’ consideration.
Submissions for the 11 categories will then be carefully analysed ahead of the glittering awards ceremony on Thursday 1 May. Taking place at one of London’s most prestigious venues, The Landmark, the 12:00-17:00 luncheon will be hosted by popular newsreader and journalist, George Alagiah OBE.
It is here that entrants to categories including the Retail Recycling Champion, Collection Crew of the Year, Design of a Waste Management Facility and the new Circular Economy Success award, will discover if they have achieved hard-earned industry recognition.
Speaking about the 2014 launch, Iona Smith, Events Director at Environment Media Group, said: “The Awards for Excellence event is a high profile occasion in the recycling calendar, rewarding industry innovation, success and progress. This year we’re particularly looking to highlight the UK’s unsung heroes – the organisations who are driving real change when it comes to resource efficiency and environmental distinction. We encourage businesses large and small to submit an entry. The process is free and straightforward, the ceremony is an enjoyable networking event, and the credit that comes with an award win is immeasurable.”
The award categories are as follows:
• Retail Recycling Champion, charity partner – British Heart Foundation
• Circular Economy Success – new for 2014
• Waste Management Initiative in the Commercial and Public Sector, sponsored by Taylor
• Design of a Waste Management Facility, sponsored by Recycling Registration Service in association with Environmental Services Association
• Collection Crew of the Year, sponsored by Geesinknorba
• The Best Community Recycling Initiative
• Recycling Business of the Year, sponsored by Ceris Burns International
• Civic Amenity Site of the Year, sponsored by Repic
• The Best Local Authority Recycling Initiative
• Local Authority Recycling Champion, sponsored by Biffa
• Zero Waste Platinum Award, sponsored by Saica Natur and WasteCare.co.uk.
Related categories: Aggregate and concrete recycling Batteries recycling Biodegradable waste Construction waste recycling Electronic and electrical waste recycling Energy saving technologies Food waste recycling Glass recycling Metal recycling Paper and cardboard recycling Plastic recycling Rainwater harvesting Recyclable materials Textile recycling Waste treatment technologies Waste water recycling Water conservation and supply Wood and timber recycling